Lessons Learned from Robert Allen
Last weekend at Lisa Sasevich’s Impact & Influence event I had the opportunity to hear Robert Allen speak. I’m sure you know the name – Robert is a multiple best-selling author with some of his more recent & popular books being Multiple Streams of Income, Creating Wealth, Nothing Down and The One Minute Millionaire. Robert was very inspirational, engaging and an motivational speaker. He made some great points in his presentation that I want to share some of the highlights that inspired me..
These are all great reminders, so if you find yourself saying "I know that" just check in to see if you are "doing it" ...because unless you are you don't really "know it".
- You're good enough - don't worry what other think of you - yep, I know we've all heard that message before but I loved his comment - We're all GURU's because GURU stands for - Gee yoU aRe yoU! Be Yourself!
- Dream big and then add a zero. But remember it’s not just a dream or vision – you need a plan too.
- To be Wealthy you have to be willing to look like a fool – so make a fool of yourself fast!
- Monetize your ESP.
E – Expertise – skills, knowledge & information
S – Story – be it success or failure. It gives you credibility.
P – Passion – hobby, talents, interests and gifts
- Attract mentors – don’t go it alone. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Get help to succeed faster.
- You can make more money if you don’t make excuses. Skip the “buts”. If you want something you’ll find a way – if you don’t want it you’ll find excuses.
- “unique”-ify your million dollar idea. Don’t copy others exactly – it won’t work. Be yourself!
- Stop listening to that critical inner voice who tells you that you can’t do it. You know the one that talks you into failure and then beats you up when you fail.
- Step into your power and peace – listen to your true voice and wisdom.
When it comes to success we need 3 things –
- V How – the vehicle, the methods & systems
- We How – your like minded network, mentors & support
- Be How – your motivation, drive and determination
What’s most important is Be How – 65%, We How 25% & V How 10%. So stop focusing so much on the process and systems instead work on yourself and build your networks.
What of these ideas inspire you? I’d welcome you sharing your thoughts….